Cogged Wedge V-Belts
Click Belt Image to access V-Belt catalog. Get belt sizes, prices, and quick search features:
3VX Cogged Wedge V-Belts
- Manufacturing Range: 20"-160"
- 3V250 is 25" outside length 23" inside length
- Top width-3/8", Depth-21/64"
5VX Cogged Wedge V-Belts
- Manufacturing Range: 50"-450"
- 5V500 is 50" outside length 46.5" inside length
- Top width-5/8", Depth-35/64"
8VX Cogged Wedge V-Belts
- Manufacturing Range: 25"-590"
- 8V1500 is 150" outside length 146.5" inside length
- Top width-1", Depth-7/8"
Cogged wedge v-belts are designed to allow the belt to wrap around smaller pulleys. These narrow profile belts are recommended for drive systems that require a higher horsepower and drive systems that have to be assembled and operate when space is limited. The letter X in the belt name designates that the belt is a cogged v-belt. The construction of these v belts enables the belt to flex around the sheaves instead of pressure against them.
Advantages of Cogged Wedge Belts
- Requires 50% less space of conventional belts
- Flexible construction provides high belt durability and long life
- Flexible construction reduces stress and heat build up
- Highly efficient in tight drive shaft assemblies
- Wedge belt design provides high horsepower
- Wedge belts are anti-static
- Give Controlled power transfer
- Higher heat distribution